Wednesday 12 October 2016

Day 60

I got up to check on Sammi at 4am and again before 7am, she was fine and though her bedding was  messed up she was settled. She went out with everyone else and as I went to let her in for breakfast I saw that she was vomiting. I gave her 5 mins and let her in, she didn't eat. I checked her temperature and it was down to 37.1 ... hmm things where afoot. 
Sammi has spent the day generally restless and throwing the cushions off the sofa. She's been to the field and stole half of my bacon roll. In one of her quieter periods relaxing on the sofa I've felt activity within her belly .. the troops are getting restless. 
I have been taking her temperature every four hours, I was unsure if the temperature drop this morning was enough so double checked with a friend. She said it could be, but she would think it would plummet further. At 3pm it was 36.4 .. now that's the drop I've been waiting for ... that's the one that indicates labour should start within 24 hrs. 
So far everything is going ok, I'm nervous ... I'm very very nervous ... but I'm also excited, a lot will happen over the next 24 hrs .. and most of it probably over night!!!!!