Saturday 20 June 2020

Asha

Apart from some puppy outings with Steve I've not had a walk with anyone in months and months. Mostly I don't mind but sometimes the mind does wonder. I was thinking today about the current Blanik crew, OMG I've got 4 old dogs. I found myself getting so emotional at was is to come.
The girls launched themselves into the lake. When do you stop an old dog from jumping in? Well never, life is for living, quality of life is paramount I thought. I got back to the van, the girls jumped in and I opened the side door for Asha, she jumped in and I thought further. Asha is 12 in less than 2 weeks and from a standstill she jumps into the van. She walk with her daughter and granddaughter and only on that one hot day have I seen her slow down. She runs, she jumps, she eats sheep shit, nothing has changed. What a girl, just like her mother before her. As I drove home I gave myself  a good talking too; Asha is living life to the full, she's fit and active and I should stop with the negativity and enjoy watching her enjoying her life .