Thursday 30 August 2018

Three Weeks

Little Perry is still doing well, though I'm still having issues with his name. I love the name, but I just can't get the other name off the tip of my tongue and I have to think before I call him. Oddly Periwinkle comes out easier than Perry .. Steve's been saying Periwinkle Minor .. one of the two varieties apparently, something only a gardener would know!
Yesterday whilst I had Perry in the living room I left the outside door open, but he was terrified, absolutely terrified and hid in the far side of the room until I closed the door then it was playtime as usual. So whilst he seems to currently hate the outdoors he loves to run, Steve says we should have called him Forest as he charges around like a mad man at times. I'm sure with time and confidence he'll love going out too, currently this house is his safety net, only three weeks ago he wouldn't come out of a crate, maybe in another three weeks he'll love the garden too.
Perry is still quite little and scrawny, I think Junior was too but he soon caught up. Maybe Perry will be a small cat like Billy was? One thing is for sure, I hadn't notice how beautifully marked he was really. I thought he was really cute, but hell now I think he'll be a handsome boy. I've no idea whether he'll keep the blue back and only have the tabby stripes on his legs and face or whether he'll become more tabby with his adult coat .. time will tell. 
The other boys are doing well with him, Choo likes to play with him and Jamie joins in in his usual lazy way. It would be nice if Perry and Choo did form a bond as Choo's a little on the outside of the tabby pack with Jamie and Junior being the best of friends. The girl cats of course .. HATE HIM, but they'll get over it, they always do!