Saturday 25 August 2018

My Headshots Critiques

Dexi and Blade
I'll go through them as I see them and remember them. Blade's muzzle was too long for his forehead giving him a more typical English GSD head and expression. Though at the time I thought he was perfect. I guess I noticed the difference in heads when Dexi was maturing, I can't think of anything that I would want differently about Dexi's head. He was truly stunning.
Jay has slightly small ears, though the ear set was spot on, he also had slightly light eyes but with his paler tan and less mask it was not noticeable.
Loki 
Louis, hmm, Mr perfect, Mr Amazing but no he wasn't, he had a fault that is not noticeable in a photos. Louis had slightly soft ears but always got away with it in the showring as he moved with his ears folded back, had he moved with them forward it may have been noticed.
Kai was maybe a little long is muzzle and could have benefited from slightly larger ears to compliment that huge head. His son Mikey had slightly wider set ears but of correct size. His head proportions where correct but maybe his eye colour on that black mask could have benefited from being just a tad darker. The same remarks can really apply to Nico, other than his muzzle is a tad longer than Mikey's was .. not overlong in my opinion though, and he has a melting kind expression which is sometimes lost in a dark head.
Ross
Loki can not hide his light eyes. Light eyes on a dark face are without doubt a distracting fault, it depends on the light of the day how distracting that can be.  As I've said before his ears are also a tad too small for his masculine head, larger ears would definitely complete the picture.
Ross still has to mature, but for his age I can't think of much that should be different. Correct size and set of ears, correct head proportions and a lovely dark eye .. though the shape of his eye is correct, they are a little small.
With all the facts my close to perfect head would be Dexi, with Ross potentially in second place and Louis in third place.  But of course we are merely making constructive criticisms on the show dogs ... as pets they are all just perfect.