Sunday 26 August 2018

Ross, Nico, Kaiah and Perry

Young Ross was a little stiff last night. I can only think/hope that it is another bout of pano. It's  been weeks since the last time ...EOE week, or the week after, (checking dates as I type) 8/7/18 was the show date so his lameness was very apparent the following week. The walk yesterday to Llyn Cop is a very easy flat walk and though of course he had a swim it was probably only about a minute or two as we didn't stay at the lake for long. I'll keep an eye on him this week as I really don't want him to be obviously lame on the hard surface of COB next week.
Ross' coat has started to improve, at last. The colour now returning to the rich red that he was and the saddle, (is that what you call it on a sable?) is noticeably darker. I have no experience of sables but apparently they darken with each coat. Cross everything now that this new coat will be thicker than the last coat.
Talking of lame, Nico is badly lame on his front. He was fine on Friday when we set out on our walk but about half way through he got suddenly lame. It wasn't like Ross, is he or isn't he? Nico is lame! We'll see what a couple of days rest will bring and if he's no better then see a vet on Tuesday.
Kaiah is on about day 14 of her season, hopefully it'll all be over and done with so I can take her to the show on Saturday, but I expect a frantic week ahead. Maybe, just maybe I'll be thinking of mating her next time, or at least the time after that.
Yesterday afternoon in sunshine I took Perry out to the front garden, as I expected he was terrified and I had to hang on as best I could. I sat on the bench and Jamie joined us, which I think helped a little. I was only out a few minutes, damn shame I can't keep it up as the weather is too poor to take him out today. He's so happy and confident in the kitchen, but the world is so much bigger than a kitchen and he needs to gradually and safely get used to his surroundings. Talking of surroundings, we had to move the fridge freezer to get him out again last night. What goes down the back can't get back up. Steve had tried to block off the gap. but he'd pushed the board aside!
I watched Perry play last night, ever game is just preparation for the murdering that will surely follow. As we came home from the walks yesterday Linda and I stopped to watch Goldfinches and young Sparrows bathing in a puddle. I couldn't help but shout at them, please don't go near our house .. fly away, far away  .. Isla is out!