Monday 13 August 2018

Strange Old Day

 The highlight of the day? My first time ever crossing the seven bridge.
You don't pay to go to England - only to come back to Wales. Fair enough! haha
 Sammi looking amazing 
 Kaiah getting ready for the off
 Loki - always consistent in his performance
Young Ross - all he needs is hair!

Yesterday was the most disappointing day for my kids in the show ring this year, or maybe even for a few years I think. They were all consistent, consistently at the back end of their classes. Still with my rose tinted glasses firmly on I have no doubts they are all stars and gave a great performance.
We take the rough with the smooth, success and loss, it's the game that we play at weekends. I share my wins therefore it's right I don't hide my losses. All we ask is a fair shot at it isn't it. I'm not pissed, I love my dogs more than I love the dog shows .
My words are not meant to be disrespectful of the show, the organisers who work bloody hard, or the judges. It was merely to portray my disappointment. It doesn't do any of us any harm to loose sometimes or we become complacent. It sure was odd to see Loki at the back of the class, I can't think he's ever been below 4th at a Ch. show before .. but hey-ho that's the way it goes. I'll give him a good kicking to make sure he doesn't do it again!  Ross looked super in the ring and worked so hard, but he's only just considering getting his coat back and I know his day will come again. Kaiah was in a class of 2 with her half sister who I've always liked .. and Sammi,well she was just perfect!