Saturday 25 August 2018

Confusing myself

 Perry
I'm finding it hard to say "Perry" when on the tip on my tongue if "Riley." The kittens don't look anything alike but my memories of Riley recently came flooding back and now he's permanently in the back of my mind. The Facebook memories don't help with a photo or two of Riley popping up almost everyday right now. I'm trying not to share them as it will only add to my emotional state.
I don't think the names are anything alike, and I've always liked the name Perry, it takes me back to my childhood and a Blue Merle Rough Collie I knew, Di son. Some of you may remember me talk of Di as she was to come and live with me and Pepsi but sadly for me the flat fell through. 
Little Perry is still coming on,, slowly does it. He's now venturing onto the floor in the living room, but if he gets spooked he runs back to me on the sofa. I'm pleased to be his safety net, that will give me some comfort when I eventually take him outside. I fear we have a while to go till then. I treat the kittens very much as individuals and after 2 weeks of living here all the others have been getting supervised time out in the yard, Perry is nowhere near ready though I may try taking him into the garden in my arms one day soon. 
I know the name and image of Riley will slip out of my mind again in time and I can say "Perry" without having to think about it. But I will always remember the beautiful Riley with love, sadness and great emotion. 
 Riley