Monday 23 July 2018

Bad Belly

Asha watching Debbie and Tom
getting their lunch out
Poor Ash Bash is not well. Hopefully she's just eaten something or has a little bug. (Not a big bug just a little one .. haha) After her dinner last night she vomited, she was eating it quicker than we could get there to clean it, as she would .. and then vomited  it up again!
About an hour later she had the most horrendous diarrhea and she seemed pretty down and spent the evening in the house on the sofa on her own. That's really not like her, if we are sitting out then so is Ash. Ziva is the only one who tends to sit alone, I think the youngsters and their chuckit balls get on her nerves. Anyway this morning Asha has had diarrhea again but came running in for her breakfast and she does seem more herself. Asha is beyond greedy and has a reputation among GSD folk after she stole someone's lunch whilst she was in the ring waiting her turn, so relying on her not to eat if her belly is off would be foolish. I know she should have been starved for 24 hrs .. but I was weak and gave her some scrambled egg laced with tree barks powder and live yogurt for breakfast. So let's see what today brings ..
Both of the new ones have this hole
Talking of Chuckit balls, this morning I have contacted the company that makes them. The original chuckit that I got for Loki in 2015, looks faded and well loved and it still going strong,  but the two new ones have both broken. No, not chewed or shredded but a round circle has come out from both .. now that can't be right. Not only is it dangerous as I don't know where this piece is but now the balls are of little use as they would sink in the first ditch or stream. The must have changed the design of the balls as there is no sign of this circle on the old balls. Lets see what Chuckit have to say!
My memories show that a year ago today I had made a commitment to have Ross over his brother, but there was still the issue of the undescended testicle on that day. Like I said I wasn't really doing things by the book and was buying a puppy I hadn't seen on his breeders reputation and photos over the internet. I really hadn't taken to his brother, and I can understand now how someone can decide rightly or wrongly which puppy they want simply by looking at photos. Ross' testicle came down somewhere after the 23rd .. but before the 29th as he was here by then.