Saturday 4 November 2017

Pissing Grey

Nikki not yet 4 years old. 
Sorry for the early profanities ... but it is kind of funny!
Rhetorical question I guess .. but something to think about.
I guess I'll start with the grey then.
Going grey Miss?
 Not enough to see in a photo .. Yet!
So how young do we expect to see one of our kids going grey? Well here usually after or around 2 years, and Loki at over 3 years has no grey. But going back to our dear foundation bitch Nikki, she, like her mother was going grey before 12 months of age. I'm quite use to them going grey early, to be honest it seems to be a breed thing but it looks like Kaiah is following in Nikki footsteps and has had more than a few grey hairs since before she was 12 months old.
I must admit I don't really like it and somehow feel a disappointment when I see it, but there's nothing we can do about it. At the moment it's pretty spars, but it's there,  I do hope Kaiah's grey does not progress as quickly as Nikki's did!
Gotcha Loki! 
Ok, question two ... when would you expect a male GSD to start cocking his leg? Well unless he's neutered early and then he may never I would say between 6 and 18 months maybe? Well Blade was slow and definitely heading towards the 18 months mark and Dexi was early at around 5 to 6 months old. That proving to me that it has little to do with the dogs strength of personality. Blade was without doubt a more forceful character than Dexi, who was quite a goofy really! Loki was 14 months old, about normal and what amused me that day was that I got a photo of him doing it. Honestly not intentionally, I was taking photos of the Autumn colours on our walk, and there he was peeing on three legs. Funny yeah!
So now we come to Ross, proving you continue to learn through out you're time with dogs, Ross was cocking his leg when he arrived here at 8.5 weeks old.
To prove it was not a figment of my imagination I have witnesses who watched open jawed as I first did. After a while he stopped and squatted like I would expect a puppy of his age to do .. till now. For the last couple of weeks that leg has been gradually lifting off the floor again, not every time, but he's doing it!
Dogs are not a science are they, you think you've read the book and have the answers, but something always comes alone to make you think, and think again!