Friday 10 November 2017

Heal The Pain

I don't say much about my thoughts of him, I find it easier not too, but I think about him everyday. It's not always with emotion or sadness but thinking or him rarely gives me the comfort and joy of previous times to be honest. He was part of my life for so long, when things were not going my way I turned to him to help me heal the pain. I read on social media how much people are "missing him."  Whilst I can't accept that they are missing him in their everyday lives as physically he was never there, of course I understand as I too am "missing him."
I finally made it through watching "Freedom." I didn't sob my way through it but I found it a very emotional experience. To know he himself had worked on the documentary, and had been working on it when he died made it more poignant. I still don't really listen any more, though I tried to listen to "Listen Without Prejudice" earlier in the week I found I had to switch it off about half way through. I'm not sure I can listen to "Waiting" again, well not in the forthcoming future anyway.
George, George, George .. there we go I've said the name. He made me a better person, through him I was able to fight me demons. I never turned to a bottle I turned to him, he got me through the lonely hours and the dark times. I cried to him, I laughed to him and made some wonderful friends because of him. I had hoped that one day we would relive the dream again. At least I have precious memories of wonderful times both online, laughing and giggling at his tweets and of course sharing an evening with just a few thousand people in ore of his magnificent talent.
I'm so looking forward to X.factor tomorrow night, I love the program anyway and this year there are a handful of great contestants, but tomorrow's tribute night with be special. I don't expect to like them all, but what I mustn't do is compare the acts versions of the songs to the genuine articles, that's not what it's about. I hope I enjoy it, but because people can't take it for what it is as a tribute I dread the backlash on social media that will surely follow!  Personally I think George would be proud that the acts are taking on board his genius, but adding a twist of their own to his timeless music. That of course is just my opinion and others will wholeheartedly disagree.