Wednesday 31 August 2022

Nos Da Barney

I'm walking, screaming and shouting, as I do. "Ziva, Ziva ... stop eating the cow shit, Ziva stop eating sheep shit." Her teeth and tongue are brown. Bloody disgusting creature. I ignore my phone, I always do .. but with Steve somewhere on the A55 and my Mum a little vulnerable, I decided to look. 
I'm devastated at the news that confronts me; "I'm absolutely devastated to write this but we lost my darling Barney this morning. He went out for a pee this morning with the others in the garden and he just laid down and fell asleep. I'm absolutely heartbroken he wasn't even ill, I've lost my heart dog."  
Barney was Nico and Ziva son, Sammi's brother. Not even 9 till Xmas. Why is it these boys live much shorter lives than the females? Why are so many taken away from us so young? 
I so wanted to keep Barney as a puppy in the nest, I sobbed my heart out as he left. I said at the time that I'd never come so close to going after someone in my van, stopping them and telling them "no, I've changed my mind, you can't have him." He was special, and obviously Claire felt that too. 
Sadly Claire has never been one for taking many photos, not all of us do, do we? When things like this happen it makes me realise how precious preserving the memories are ... 
RIP dear Barney (FKA puppy Noel)