Saturday 13 August 2022

Back - Up Plan?

Unable to go out I find myself sleeping and chatting my afternoons away on Facebook's messenger. I've deleted "What app" again, I don't know why, but it annoys me! I like Messenger and I'll stick to that, if you want me the best place to find me is on messenger, unless I'm asleep! 
Anyway my friend asked, "if you can't get to Zalu again who is your back-up plan?" (Zalu is over 5 hrs away) OMG. Back up plan? I hadn't thought of that! I don't have one. She threw some names of imports at me ... but my answer to all was no, and for the same reason. The pedigrees are all the same, soon we will have a bottleneck in the pedigrees of so many animals as these dogs all carry several lines to Quenn, Vegas, Zamp, Dux, the Degli Achei brothers etc. Siska has one line to Quenn, and Zalu one to Vegas - that's fine, we wouldn't be doubling up, actually not on anything within 5 generations. If you look back at the pedigrees of these imports some of them have 4 lines to one dog within 5 generations, imagine what's going on further back .. well imagine it or stick your head in the sand!
Such a shame there is no other Fransisco, or his like about, an alternate pedigree that doesn't carry the problem dogs. I pride myself on knowing that Orin doesn't carry any of these dogs in his pedigree, maybe when the current generation of puppies, all with the same or closely related sires grow up that his pedigree will be useful for some of them? After all, with everyone using the same dog/s now, where will they go when they are ready to mate their progeny from these current litters? I really hope that breeders haven't already gone like lambs to the slaughter, I hope for the sake of this breed for healthy offspring in mind and body, after all the breed has been here before!
Getting back to the matter in hand, no, there is no back-up plan. There's nothing on my doorstep, and nothing further afield either that springs to mind. I want a standard coloured dog of either coat variety that does not carry more than one line to the infamous five. Decent hip and elbow scores, DM, PD and Haemophilia clear, though Siska is clear I would not consider a carrier or a dogs that is not tested. (Though I'd prefer to use a carrier than an untested dog - but with either scenario I'd have to test all the puppies before sale - clear parents can only produce clear puppies!) Standards will not be slipping, even on a back -up dog! Ah well, at least looking for that back -up plan will give me something to do tomorrow! 
Edit 14/8/22 - I thought of a dog overnight - 2 hrs ish away, an Italian Import. I went onto his pedigree this morning. Within 6 generations he has 5 lines to Quenn - Siska has one through Kaiah's sire - back to the drawing board!