Tuesday 30 August 2022

Fun Show

I gather there is a fun dog show locally on Sunday and a few of my friends want to go. Weather permitting, I may well go, but a decision to be made on Sunday morning and not before. 
So if I go, who do I take? Certainly not Orin or Siska. Fun shows are a great training ground for puppies and a nice day out for oldies. I think it's very unfair on other exhibitors to take champ show winning dogs to a fun show. Of course not everyone has the choice and I appreciate that, but I do so the current cream of the crop stay home. If I go, I may well just take Sammi for the veteran class and Loki for some fun classes. He'll be over the moon to be showing and won't know the difference. Of course, another way of thinking is - can you imagine if I took Orin and he was beaten by a dog of less merits? I'd spit the dummy out, though at the end of the day it would be my own fault for putting him there. So for me, fun shows are not for Champ show winning dogs.
I considered taking Zeus, but had a change of heart. With those typical L/C but dreadful pasterns I'll never show him, so what is the point?  I'd like to relax, help Delwyn with puppies if he comes, and give Loki some normality. After all Loki was the dog to beat in his time, and he loved the whole experience of a show day.  Bless him because of covid followed by his illness he's not been since January 2020, and it'll be his birthday on the day! Who's bringing him cake?