Sunday 14 August 2022

Feeling The Strain

Ziva giving us a "Tali" look as I tell her to come in out of the sun. It's 35.5 out there - 25 in the house. Silly cow! 
Today I've been feeling a tad sorry for myself, and though I knew it already, not being able to get Orin to SWGSD did upset me, well truthfully I was gutted, I cried and poured my heart out to Steve. Listen, I'm no idiot, common sense and all that, but I can still wish that the weather had been better and that I could have got there. Derrick won our class, which makes me think that Orin would have been close by, Tom got the CC. 
I keep finding myself thinking, why is it never our day? I have the best show team that I've had in a long time. Sammi, Kaiah, Orin and Siska are capable of top honours, but why does it never happen to us/me? I've been in this breed a long time and have bred and owned CC winners, but I've never quite got there and made up a champion. I try and do it right, I put my heart and soul into breeding, owning, showing and loving these dogs, but somehow it's never quite enough. Maybe if I left them in kennels all week, took them out at weekends and paid a top handler I'd get somewhere? Maybe that's me just being cynical? I do feel that some people just have to turn up and they win, others win when they shouldn't. 
Orin should have picked up a RCC, or two this year, it has disappointed me beyond belief, but in both cases I was pleased for the owners. I proved to myself that you can be pleased for others, but disappointed for yourself. Friends say  "Oh it'll happen," but when? I've been waiting this long you must understand that it feels like it never will. Siska is super in stance, but her lack of enthusiasm to move will never do her favours, Ok it's enough for General Champ shows, but with the kind of ring that would have been offered at Chippenham today, well she couldn't have been arsed! On the move Orin beats her hands down, when he changes gear he takes my breath away, the judge today I'm sure would have admired him for that if nothing else. So yeah I'm on a bit of a downward spiral, I guess with everything else going on it's hard to keep upbeat when you get knock back after knock back.