Monday 8 August 2022

Hospital And Nica

Following covid and yesterdays presumed angina attack, today's hospital visit to Glan Clwyd hung in the balance. But we got there and they were all so nice. As soon as we got in and sat down, I was overwhelmed with emotion. I saw all those men being treated and getting well. Not begrudging any of them a speedy recovery but all I could think of was My dad started on the same path, but got nowhere and look where we are now. It really got to me today and though I did cry I mostly managed to contain myself until I got behind the wheel of my van to drive home. Steve will get 20 sessions of radiotherapy starting on the 18th. He will get transport to all of them, which we didn't expect, I can go with him when there is a consultation. 
We were home at 1ish and desperate to get the dogs out, but all we could do was let them out in the yard and garden as we both needed to sleep. They were as Siska says "Excellent!" To be fair, after a morning shut in I couldn't have asked more of them - they settled and let us sleep - and cry. 
Ross has lost his voice today, a blessing? Well yeah until you start to wonder why? He never makes a sound all night but this morning he just had the oddest squeaky voice. I've made a note of it! 
I've had to separate Siska from the boys, maybe if we'd been on the ball it would have been Ok, but with us both struggling it was safer for them to take turns in the kennel. 
Anyway after another sad and difficult day this photo of little Nica at training made me smile. She's just fab!