Wednesday 28 March 2018

Walking With No Leads

Not feeling at my best I was worried about driving to take the pups out, but if they don't go then they are a nightmare later in the day. Steve offered to drive and come for a short walk with me on the track in Cwm Dulyn. The others would just have to cope with a run around the field when we got home. They don't mind that occasionally but wouldn't cope with it daily as it really is just like their back garden.
The track in Cwm Dulyn is not a long walk, we don't usually bother walking it and just go straight to the walks by the lake, so it was a change for these two to do this walk. As we arrived I realised I'd left my bag at home. My bag contains my leads, poo bags and the camera .. I had nothing. Usually there are spare leads in the van. But no not today, I specifically remember taking them in to the house as the leather was getting mouldy and the chains rusting in the damp weather. I found a check chain and a slip collar and decided we'd have to manage!
Within minutes of setting off young Ross who was running hell for leather after Kaiah ran into my leg, walloping me just below the left knee. I've not felt pain like it in years and all I can say was thank god it wasn't my already sensitive right knee. With his usual sympathy Steve said, walk, walk on it, it'll cease if you don't move. My god I wanted to cry .. but he was right, the movement gradually helped and the burning sensation seemed to go down my leg and eventually eased.
The rest of the walk was pretty unadventurous and thankfully we didn't see anyone so got away with the facts that we had no leads. At least if someone had come I would have been able to tie what we had to their collars. Pretty decent photos from the phone yeah!