Saturday 3 March 2018

Caernarfon Critiques

Veteran
1st Stanley’s Blanik Georgette. GSD. Almost 10 years, bitch. Feminine head, without weakness. Very fit and moved really well. Good straight but sloping topline, slight tuck up. Good ribcage and strong loin. Well angulated and in excellent condition. Best veteran in group.
GSD  Grad
2nd Stanley’s Blanik Jeevana. 16 month bitch. A smart, feminine example without weakness of head or structure. Angulation Ok and gaited well from all views. I would like a bit more arch to the toes, but they were still sound.
GSD Open
1st Stanley’s Lokean of Blanik ShCM. 3 years male. Well made and masculine , he has plenty of substance. Well formed ribcage, strong loin. Well angulated, sound feet. Gaited well from all views. He could not be denied the group. BOB Group 1.

Yes nice critiques, but having read them all I think she was looking at different dogs to me! Just points on my dogs which contradict - Kaiah has better feet than Loki, Asha has poor feet yet they are not mentioned?
A dog who moved badly on the day is said to have moved well from all views. Noticeable and distracting fault are not mentioned. A bitch with limited angulation is said to have excellent angulation, yet Kaiah who has excellent angulation is quoted as "Ok Angulation!" Kaiah has the best front angulation here, possibly the best front in anything I've bred .. but she says it's ok! I said it on the day, and as Loki is mine I feel I have perfect right to say it ... Kaiah should have been BOB on the day, she out moved everyone and of my dogs she has easily the best construction. But so many judges can't see past the presence and imposing attitude of a large male.  I do think I will be choosing my judges carefully with Kaiah now, I think I'll mainly show her at Championship shows and under breed judges. I'd sooner she was 3rd at a Champ show than BOB at a local show!