Saturday 31 March 2018

Hiding From Holidaymakers




After a manic time in the new Sport Direct in Porthmadog I walked back to my parents house. I took the track I use to walk to school. The footpath follows the line of the Gorseddau tramway from distant slate quarries to the harbour, and the tramway itself followed the once-navigable canal between Tremadog and the coast. The water of the "Cyt" is now black, smelly and deep in places, for obvious reasons I therefore opted to keep Ross on the lead. 
God things have changed. The little woodland we called "Coed John" (John's woods) is blocked off and now the by pass has a fly over the main path. Another little pathway over a slate bridge to what we called "Cae Capel" (Chapel's field) had disappeared; but thankfully the path into one of the fields was still open so it gave the pups a chance for a good run around. 
The mountain of Moel Y Gest was my view from my bedroom window till I left home in my early 20ies, and when I moved I could still see it from my kitchen window. The lights where not that great to get a clear photo, I'll try again another day ...