Sunday 18 March 2018

'Tis Snowing Again

There not that much really, maybe an inch or two lying in the sheltered front garden but with the wind it's drifting in the yard and beyond. Still it's set to stop snowing shortly and maybe it'll be our last snow of the year so we need to make the most of it! Everyone knows I love it, when it doesn't fall on Crufts day, but Steve has his Victor Melldrew hat on and has a face like a slapped arse again today! Haha, he may use Facebook, but getting to Tali's Tails is beyond him!
Oswestry dog show is going ahead under 2 inches of snow. They have shown consideration by moving the outdoor rings off the grass and onto the concrete!!!!! Personally I think they should have canceled. I guess it's down to the individual exhibitors to think for themselves and make sensible decisions, but judges, committee and stewards who feel obliged to be there may take risks.
I'll be taking these out shortly, they love the snow so much but I think in the interest of safety we'll stay close to home. I've done all the mountain walks in the snow over the years and enjoyed it but I guess with age and awareness of health issues (not mine I hasten to add!) you become more cautious. I need to be fit and well as so many rely on me now.
Talking of age, I've had yet another call from HQ this morning .. the fact that I'm 50 next month seems to be of more excitement to my mum than it is to me. The same questions again,What would you like for your birthday? Do you want a cake? Do you want a party?  Do you want a meal out? OMG .. it's just another bloody number. Yes I'd love a cake, no I don't want a party, it would be my worst nightmare, in my opinion party's are for kids, but a meal out would be nice. Then comes the next batch of questions ... Where do you want to go? Who do you want there?  Feck .. I don't know, I don't care .. maybe just me and Steve then, that would piss on the parade wouldn't it. As regards to what do I want, hell I don't know. I don't like perfume or anything scented and I dislike cut flowers in the house. I like to choose my own clothes and make up, I only wear limited jewelry, I drink very little and I'm trying not to eat much chocolate. I've got a new camera ... oh and I went and got the sable puppy last year! So please don't keep asking, I don't fecking know!
Another treasured and much loved pet has died. Too many within my circle of friends this year so far .. so painful for all of us who are facing life without one of our family. I won't dream of undermining the situation with platitudes. I wouldn't dare tell anyone that I understand their pain, because I don't. In my opinion the grief of loss is individual to the person and situation and it can never be compared to another.
We miss Tali so much .. she'd be in her element today with a bit of snow to roll in. I think about her on most walks, memories come flooding back. Sometimes they make me smile but with it all still so raw they usually make me cry....