Saturday 1 May 2021

Agonys Of April.

I'm so pleased to turn the page on the calendar and finally leave April behind, I can only hope that May will bring more peace and joy. April was just full of worry, stress and sadness. Most of you know my dad's health has continued to deteriorate and came to a climax with an emergency 999 call and a trip to the hospital. The prostate cancer had spread to the bone and a mass was putting pressure on the nerve endings in the spine ... he is attending  clinic on Tuesday to discuss the future. 
I guess my fall early in the months was the first disaster, but much worse was to come. 
The loss of Asha was heartbreaking, I've not written about her yet as the evening of her death I received the e.mail about Zeus. It was just too much for me but luckily I have friends in my corner who helped and sorted things out for me. Ian and I collected Zeus the following day. (11.4.21) So Zeus has been here for almost 3 weeks. Again not dismissing anything I've been told I can only speak as I find. He's not put a foot wrong here. I've seen nothing that concerns me, he's a lovable, playful fool. No doubt he's a tad brighter than Orin (Don't tell O I said that!) but I can only think his behaviour elsewhere was environmental as the dog that is here shows none of the negative behaviour which was previously seen.
Siska ate the antenna off Mr Bee causing me to turn into a neurotic puppy owner who had sleepless nights. No I still haven't seen it and I can only hope it's gone. 
Watching poor Archie afraid of his own shadow was heartbreaking ... but of course there was one high point to the months .. Isla, It's still really hasn't sunk in ... Isla is home.
Before I put a line under the month I have one more thing to say. Fransisco is an Italian showline bred dog, he does not carry any working lines. I would not have used a working line bred dog, but of course Fransisco could have been used on working line bitches, our Nico has ... and then it's a different ball game! 
So lets try and start May was positivity .... Moving on we'll start with happy photos....