Monday 10 May 2021

Things

Nico got us up twice in the night, that's unheard of really. I wouldn't say he'd had diarrhoea but it was a little odd. I'll have to keep an eye on him in case he has a touch of colitis or something. Of course then I couldn't get back to sleep and this morning I'm feeling worse for wear. Nico is such a special dog, I try not to think of him as an old boy as he still has his spark of mischief, but at 3am only negativity  keeps you awake. 
Steve's words over Zeus also haunted me in my waking hours. He was the one in bits on Saturday, he was the one who said the weight of the world just got lifted off his shoulder ... yet it's now all been twisted on to me. Apparently I'm making no effort to find him the right home, apparently for me nothing will be good enough for him. We'll yeah I am a little possessive of him, it went wrong once, it can never go wrong for him again and the responsibility of that lies on my shoulders. He came into the world into my hands, he is nothing but a pleasure and a privilege and I must not get the future wrong for him. 
Today we are celebrating the removal of the last knot. It took some time but Isla is now knot free. I still catch a glance of her and stand there shaking my head .. OMG Isla where have you been? LOL 
Little Miss S is starting to consider whether she will eat her breakfast, or not. The 10 min rule applies and after she comes in and ignores her breakfast I take Zeus into the field ... so far it's been gone when I get back. I'm thinking of maybe dropping super ... then she may be hungry in the morning.  I did drop a meal for Orin at 4 months, but at19kg he was quite a chunk. Looking back Zeus was only 17.6kg at 4 months and he's not lacking in any department ... though under that coat he isn't as heavily built as Orin. 
Jezi is on her diet and I have now started her on turmeric with black pepper ... I think it's enough to start off with. No doubt I'll update as things go... If there is no improvement then we are both off to Weight Watchers.