Monday 3 May 2021

Siska And Zeus

The weather is horrendous and Miss Siska doesn't like it. After a quick wee this morning she camped in the hall waiting to come in for breakfast. Following eating, I then took her out to the front and waited for her to finish what she hadn't started .. LOL  As the hailstones battered the garden I stood under the New Zealand Holly for shelter. Little miss was not amused and constantly tried to shake off the hail, failing that she pawed at her face and ears. I've never really seen such a negative reaction to rain and hail before, but she generally doesn't seem to like water and her reaction to Ross jumping in the lake was another new one on us!
Zeus doesn't like using the yard to go to the toilet and we have to potter up the field with him. I'm trusting him more and more, and now I let him off the lead on his own in the top field. This morning when we got back to the back door I was expecting "the catch me if you can scenario" that we usually get. He considered it, jumped backwards once, then came to me. I got hold of his collar, shared some kind words with him and gave him a big cuddle before bringing him in. I was so chuffed with that as to date his recall has honestly been his only weakness.