Saturday 15 May 2021

More Juggling Of The Walks




It's so easy for people to say .. "ah keep him, what's one more?" Well practically in this situation it's a lot more work and responsibility. Of course I take on board that it's not Zeus' fault, he is my responsibility and I must do right by him, but the 4th walk is just too much. The constant pressure to get back and do the next walk gets to me, that why I leave the young till last and they get more time. The way it works here is that no one should miss out. Everyone, old and young deserves a walk, it doesn't have to be a marathon, just some sensible daily exercise for all. Actually for continued good mobility the old probably need it more than the young. The young of course need it for fitness and stamina, and also if we are to have a relaxed peaceful afternoon then everyone needs to go out, even if somedays it is only a whizz round the field. No one should miss out!
Being able to take Zeus with Nico and Jezi will help me tremendously. It means I can move Ross to going out with Ziva and Sammi and add Siska to the end of the last walk. Nico is not a confrontational dog, he never has been but he's not everyone's friend like Louis was. He may have been fine with Louis and Finlay but he disliked Mikey. He now dislikes Loki, and I respect that, not everyone likes each other in this world, do they? Though neither he nor I have faced it yet, Nico is an old man and I don't want him hurt should there be any kind of confrontation, he is my priority. Anyway I had to try it and trying it alone would have been plain dumb! Ian to the rescue ... I have to say that Jezi was remarkable, I was shocked .. maybe she fancied a young man for a change ..lol. There were some grumbles from both the males but with Nico always off the lead he was soon doing Nico things! Ian has kindly offered to do the walk with me again tomorrow which will be fantastic, and then we'll see how things go next week. 
It was the first time on the mountain for Siska with the group today. I was a little nervous of her being run over, but it went well. The others had already let off steam by the time she joined us and it was brilliant timing as Ian was just finishing his walks, so he was able to come with us! Just a short circuit round for her, I still adhere to 5 mins per month of life so 20 mins is plenty for Siska. 
Little miss is still not a lover of water, but her love for food is greater than her dislike for puddles ... it was funny trying to persuade her in, but anything for a treat eh!