Thursday 6 May 2021

Super Zeus

Some mixed results for my Dad this week. He will need chemo, but maybe only one burst of radiotherapy. He's now waiting for a CT Scan to check the internal organs. He said he felt a little better for knowing what the plan of action was.  I can't deny I'm scared and emotional but I have to pull my finger out and be there for my parents. 
The "I'm not signing the contract" gentleman messaged last night to ask about Zeus.  He was curious as to why we hadn't rehomed him yet. I told him, simply because I've not advertised him. We are not in any rush to rehome this dog, if he goes from here it has to be the right home. I've had two homes offered this week, one has children and cats and one was a show home. I'm not parting with him unless we can find him better than we can offer him, he's not going to live in anyone's kennels, no matter how nice they are! I'm really not sure  "Mr I'm not signing the contract" should have him now either. If he thinks the contract is unacceptable and worthless, can I guarantee he would honour it now? These contracts are to safeguard all parties, but mainly to look after the dogs, with integrity from everyone no Blanik dog should end up in rescue or off the radar. 
Steve and I are smitten with Zeus, he's such a great dog. When you've gone through puppyhood with a dog like Ross then you appreciate how difficult some puppies/teenagers can be, Zeus is nothing like Ross. We have a lot of fun with Zeus, he loves his cuddles and he's never disrespected me like Mr P did. As you know I don't discourage my dogs from jumping up, I actively invite them to do it. He loves to put his paws on me, and he has a beautiful expression,  he stares deep into my soul. To be honest he's not a bit of bother here, he's met people with dogs, people without dogs, been to friends houses and walked on the mountain. Yeah he pulls on the lead when the bitches run free, but who can blame him for that? He's perfectly well behaved in the house, doesn't steal food off kitchen units like some we won't mention! (Nico) He's quiet at night, eats his food, doesn't snatch treats and loves to play with his toys. Ok he's not perfect "Catch me if you can" is fecking annoying, but I don't play the game and I hope that way he'll soon find it less amusing and more rewarding to come to/with me. Without disrespect to anyone I do feel his issues were environmental and hope that here at least with different rules and boundaries we may never see his alter ego.