Friday 28 May 2021

Things


As you can see Zeus is doing really well on the retractable lead. I hate the bloody things, I have always considered them dangerous pieces of equipment. I've seen people's hands and legs ripped by them and seen so many dogs almost squished on the road as the owner walks along unaware. I guess it all comes back down to the same thing, the person using it is the danger not the equipment. I would not use it near a road, on a pavement or in any place that I consider it to be unsafe. It horses for courses and I do hope that this lead will be of benefit to me and Zeus! Not that you can tell from this photo but I'm using it with a gencon not the dogmatic, the control is on the side not under his chin. I hope it won't get tangled as easily this way. 
Following an outburst of aggression from Kaiah directed at Orin this morning, I checked her out. Finally, she is in season, only about a month late! Now we need to prepare for things to get difficult with the boys. With an extra male in the mix I've no idea how we will manage, but mange we will! Clocking today as day one of her season.