Friday 21 May 2021

More Rain

As I'm sure you gathered from the post yesterday was not a happy day. I had an early morning visit to the mobile unit which is now in Tesco car park. My first visit there and to say I was worked up about it was an understatement. I am and always have been self-conscious, I cover as much as I can so I felt uncomfortable and humiliated ... no one's fault, needs must and though I had verbal diarrhoea I got on with it! 
The rain was relentless all day, the wind so powerful we could hardly hold the front door open. By mid-morning it wasn't safe to go outside. The young dogs were unsettled and a little annoying, again not their fault, so many shut in a house sometimes doesn't work. Thankfully by the evening the wind and rain had dropped and they were able to play in the yard ... there was so much towel torture yesterday that I think Siska may now be over the crisis! lol 
Getting Zeus to go to the toilet was quite stressful. He won't go in the yard and he seems to dislike wind and rain, it made me giggle as I thought of Dexi though. I used to say to him, thank god you're not a Police dog as all the criminals would get away with everything if the weather was bad! I did manage to get Zeus to pee in the front garden twice during the day which was a huge relief for us, well and him too I guess! The 10.30pm toddle around the field was non too pleasant, I must admit even then I was a little scared in the bottom of the field. 
Zeus really played on my emotions yesterday,  as I was already feeling low I just couldn't help but feel so sad for him. It would be so easy for him to live here with us, to go from kennel to kitchen with a walk in-between. He is seriously no trouble here, there are no behavioural problems ... I can even now get hold of him by the collar to lead him where I want him to go. He's happy, bubbly and silly .. but he is alone more than he should be. I honestly still believe that for the dogs sake he would be better off with someone else, someone who could give him more, much more than we can, but of course it has to be the right people. Zeus needs someone who understands the breed, he needs boundaries, rules, exercise and fun, that why I was very interested in discussing him with people who contacted me last night. People who came with high praise indeed, recommended by friends through rescue. A retired couple who had recently lost their GSD bitch. She was described to me as quite small, calm and well-behaved. Hmmm. Again my concern was their age, but I told them all about Zeus and thankfully they gave it some thought and came back with the right decision, he is too young, strong and energetic for them. I do like it when people put the dogs needs before their own desires! Anyway, I'm wondering if this would be the right home for Enzo? Could be! 
This afternoon I'm taking my dad for a CT Scan. I'm scared for him and it's been weighing on my mind all week. I guess it was a large part of my emotional state yesterday. Anyway answers are needed, there is no point putting our heads in the sand ... at least with answers we can move forward. 
Baby girl doesn't seem to mind the rain now, actually she was more than happy to play out and get drenched ... I wonder if the dip before the kissing gate will be a lake today? Sadly I've no time to go and find out, maybe tomorrow.