Sunday 9 May 2021

Puppies

If yesterday has taught me anything it's that nice people are not always the right people. What works on paper can change dramatically in person. Wow, I was quite taken aback, but now I do have some answers to some very odd questions. 
Baby Siska is 4 months old today. I hope to have photos of everyone from the litter by the end of the day! She's such a pleasure, well mostly. There's nothing better than having a silly puppy around the house is there, and currently I've got three. We mustn't forget that Orin and Zeus are just babies too, not even teenagers yet really, but getting there. I love watching them interact with Siska, my only concern is the size difference, at their age they are very much all playing the same game, but she is touching16kg and they are 35kg +. They both adore her but of course Orin has leaned to be a little more careful around her, only because he's experience Spitfire Siska and Zeus hasn't! 
Puppies are just wonderful, I don't find them hard work I find them an absolute pleasure. What we put into them is what we'll end up with. They are babies with brains like sponges, they learn so much so quickly, but we must never forget that they are baby dogs, puppies. Whilst we must never treat them like baby humans, (though I'd have no clue what to do with one of them,)  we must not treat them like dogs either. Puppies need to be puppies, the need learn though play, to explore the world, to be silly and have fun. If you want a dog but can't do fun ... then get a rescue!