Friday 14 May 2021

David Soul - The Dutchman


Sometime in the mid-seventies my brother and I were staying with my grandparents in Penmorfa. Of course we were allowed to stay up late and eat rubbish. I remember lying on the floor, as you do at that age, watching TV and Starsky and Hutch came on. I was smitten. I realised I think that day that there was more than dogs in the world and I developed a crush on the dashing David Soul, he was without doubt my first love! 
The following week Alun and I pleaded with mum and dad to let us see it again ... somehow we got to watch it. I then started to buy David Soul's music ... The last I have is "Best Days Of My Life" which came out in 1981 - after that I found Duran Duran, Culture club and of course George and Marc Almond. 
Sometimes I still listen to the "Best Days Of My Life"  - I was over the moon to see this very dated video of The Dutchman, it's not usually my kind of music and obviously the album version is a lot more commercial ... anyhow it's one of my favourites of it's time that I still listen to with fond memories of youth.