Sunday 23 May 2021

Lazy Afternoon

Well we are all walked, thank god for decent waterproofs! Now you may think I'm nuts going out in that, but think of it another way ... 10 unsettled dogs in one house, 7 of them in the living room doesn't call for a pleasant afternoon. The alternate was walking followed by soggy towels and now a happy sleeping family and a restful Sunday afternoon for us. No contest! Though we've dried everyone we've also covered the sofa in dry dog towels. I guess it stinks of wet dog in here now, but when you're in it you don't notice. 😏
Though I hate retractable leads, I've ordered one for Zeus off Amazon last night. I was really not managing that long lie at all but to add insult to injury the clip broke on it today. Luckily Zeus was already under control so no harm done. I want him to have some freedom on the walk but I can't risk letting him run where livestock graze freely, of course we do let him run in the fields. I've had the long line for years, but I'd never used it before, quite scary really that a bolt clip could break so easily! 
Little Siska's coat is coming on a treat, she's so beautiful and so like her mum at the same age. So much of Nico in this bitch line now, one of my better decisions was mating him to Ziva. The combination of Nico and the Blanik bitch line clicked and has really taken me to where I want to be. Sammi, Kaiah and Siska are so alike, so to type, my preferred type. Then there is Orin and Zeus, again so similar in type. Orin is taller and the bigger heavier framed male, under that coat Zeus is without doubt a slightly smaller male, but there is still plenty of him. Zeus is also a little shorter in body length, but there is no doubt that both are brothers .. both are very much Blanik brothers!