Friday 7 May 2021

Walking The Dogs

Nico and Jezi 
Well today Mr P let the side down. I saw a regular jogger on the mountain coming down towards me, I crossed over onto another path to avoid him. I had seconds to grab two dogs when I realised that he too had crossed paths and was coming directly at me. Orin and Kaiah were the closest and I got them by the collar, I screamed "Wait" to Loki and Ross and quite funnily the jogger came to an abrupt stop. Before I could do anything Ross ran full pelt over to him, jumping on him and enjoying a cuddle like he was seeing a long-lost friend. OK no harm done, but that is not the point. I told him to WAIT! This man may not have been a dog lover, what could have been doesn't bear thinking about, I'm disappointed in you Ross. I guess even the best let us down sometimes!
Steve came with me on the last walk as he thought he could help with Zeus. It didn't help, I kind of gathered it wouldn't but appreciated the thought. It so sad that he can't run free, and it's like having a bucking bronco on the end of the lead. The head collar marks his beautiful face but what can I do? With free roaming livestock he has to be on the lead. 
Zeus and Siska get on a treat, but again he has to be on a lead. As kind as he is with her he plays the same game as her and he's just too big to go knocking my baby about.