Monday 14 November 2022

Ziva - Edit

 A lovely photo of Ziva visiting Linda's caravan on Saturday. Sadly Ziva had another fit today. Poor old girl fell off the sofa as it began. I sat on the floor with her and waited whilst she went through it. She then stopped but lay panting with the nylobone I had stuffed in her mouth clench in a tight grip. I don't know if it helps but I put the bone in to try and stop her biting or swallowing her tongue.
I'm waiting now for the vets to let me know if there could be something I should do differently today or in future, but Ziva has settled. I talked to a friend who has a bitch who also fits and she reminded me that this can happen with a brain tumour, her bitch fits about once a month, it was the 25th of Sept when Ziva had her original attacks. 
I have a doctors appointment this afternoon, now I don't want to go. We need to put Ziva back with the pack and that will be a two-man job as the bitches all become tense ... there is no way I can leave them alone unsupervised again now till things settle. 

Ziva had a second fit 2.5 hrs later and I rang the vet rather than waiting for the call back. I got to talk to Ken. He told me to give her an extra half a tablet, then another extra half tonight, and then increase the tablet to 1.5 twice daily. This evening Ziva is very stressed, and obviously so are we! She is drooling, panting and pacing - I can only hope she settles as the evening goes on.