Friday 4 November 2022

Thoughts

 Everything was so normal this morning, Jamie and Junior were out in the yard with Zeus waiting to come in for breakfast. The young cats, Luther, Perry and Archie had created a war zone with vet beds and cushions in the living room, Choo came in through the cat flap and Isla was carried to breakfast. All the dogs bar Zeus ate breakfast, but he was happy to help me finish that disgusting porridge that I've been advised to eat. The routine just fell into place with no difficulties, me feeding and Steve on, shall we call it yard duties - don't feel sorry for him, I've asked numerous times if he wants to swap, he doesn't! 
Junior has a chicken obsession, well shall we call it a poultry obsession and last night I'd taken 4 drumsticks out of the freezer for him. I put them in the over first thing and then I burst into tears, will he be here for the Xmas battle? His determination to get to chicken and turkey has seen us fall out so many times over the years, but it also makes me smile. Only last week "someone" hadn't closed the kitchen door and Junior had eaten all the left over chicken gravy. Though someone ranted about it, it was their own fault. You don't leave the kitchen door open when there's meat/poultry or gravy about and Junior is in the house. 
I can't get over how happy Junior was at the vets yesterday, though he did put his head in my hands for reassurance a couple of times. He was so confident and took it all in his stride, though Beth squeezed and prodded, he purred and rubbed against her, being equally obliging when Sharon asked if she should feel it. Though I thought I could feel two lumps, there is only one, it simply moves within his abdomen. Poor boy, so young for a cat really ... well there will be chicken on tap now I think!