Sunday 13 November 2022

Pepsi's Visit

Pepsi came to visit today, I think it was the hardest mating ever, well on a parr with the Wolverhampton bitch who came to Nico anyway. I'm very very proud of Orin, even with so much aggression directed at him he didn't once retaliate. It may have been different if Pepsi wasn't muzzled and had she actually made contact, but it was still a lot for him to put up with. As I've said before, keeping my boys safe is a priority. After almost two hours of trying we gave up - honestly, every bit of me and everyone else was hurting. Pepsi twisted over onto her back, refused to stand and turned into a bucking bronco, it was just awful to see that nature was not giving her any clues on how to behave in this situation. We tried her loose, we tried holding her, it just wasn't happening. At some point her owner mentioned that the owner of the pervious stud dog had insisted she was given diazepam - right so that explained things then. Orin was getting so wound up that I felt it was now becoming unfair on everyone and I decided to put him in his crate. We had 20 mins break ... a cuppa and a chat. I promised to give it one last go but honestly, I feared it would never happen and that they had had wasted their trip from Warrington. Coming out again without doubt Pepsi was now more relaxed, bloody hell Bingo! No fighting, she just stood there, mated, tied for just short of 20 mins and relax - talk of a woman making it all on her terms!