Wednesday 16 November 2022

Fleas

Yesterday I found fleas on Choo's ears, they were extremely small and must have only just jumped on. I smothered his ears in vaseline and got about 20 of these tiny fleas off him. Ahhh we've not had fleas here since I left Freshfields, I regularly used to carry them home then off some of the newly admitted animals. We cleared everyone out and sprayed the house and when we were able to come back in I contacted Gail who still works at the rescue centre to ask her what product is the best to use directly on the animals now. So straight onto Animed and 8 lots of dog and cat advantage ordered and the express delivery paid. This morning I've stripped all the cat beds and I'll hoover and strip the dog beds as soon as the washing machine comes to a full stop. 
I must admit I'm really pissed off, my dogs haven't been to a show since Darlington or even to training in the last month, but of course I've been. I've no idea if I've carried them home or if the cats have picked them up somewhere, but with this unnaturally warm weather there is no doubt if I don't act quickly and thoroughly we will be infested. Ahhhhh !!!! 
Photo of Perry looking smug and saying he hasn't got fleas - bet he has as I've found one on Archie now too!