Wednesday 2 November 2022

Junior And Things

 The Blanik Bus isn't well, the gears have been getting stiff for a while but recently it has taken some effort to get them to go up. Fearing I needed a new gear box I was dreading the worst but it looks like it may be just a couple of cables that need replacing, be they an expensive couple of cables it's still not a gear box! 
I think I've mentioned before that Junior is a bit of an odd chap. He makes no effort to groom himself, though Jamie does some of that for him, he picks at his food and is obsessed with water. His water obsession goes back to when he was a kitten, given a chance he would even play in the washing up water. When I say he picks at his food, I mean cat food, he would grab and eat anything off my plate. He can also get quite aggressive over anything he's caught and he's taken it on himself to try and help the village with the rabbit infestation! I try and groom him as often as I can, but after about 30 seconds he gets cross, and there's not a lot worse than an angry cat is there! Anyway, yesterday as I tried to remove some of the tuffts I thought he felt funny on one side so I put my hand down the other side to compare and felt a lump. He didn't react at all when I touched either area. I put him down on the floor and thought, he looks an odd shape, being a skinny cat he looked a little bloated. I worried about FIP, but the abnormal shape seems to be on his rib cage, not in his abdomen. I called Steve and he agreed that something is not right. Nothing is different in Junior's demeanour, but something is not right ... It wouldn't be a huge shock if there is something major wrong with him as in all my years of owning cats I've never had one that from kitten hood that I've continued to think, he's not right! I know where he came from, I booked the litter into rescue in June 2014, I know how neglected they were, so no it wouldn't be a shock! 
I was back at the Doctors for more blood tests yesterday and the nurse offered me a flu jab. Because of Steve's age and health I did take it, so far no side effects. It's funny how you can get chatting so freely to a complete stranger, we realised we both had husbands who were 15 years old than us. Steve is approaching a big birthday this weekend, but we are both as childish as ever and laugh our way through most situations! She asked if I saw the age gab more now than I did back then? Hmm, because of his nature probably not, but I do fear that one day I could be the one left alone. Still I wouldn't change a thing, and I won't live my life thinking of what's to come when I have now, he's the best! 
I had to explain to a lady on the phone how to pronounce Fron, we have no V in the Welsh language so one F is a V, in English you would pronounce it Vron. FF in Welsh is equivalent to a single F in English, so our vet is based at Ffor. (For in the English language) No wonder I sometimes get confused! The spelling of Caernarfon also confuses some, "Carnarvon and Caernarvon are Anglicised spellings that were superseded in 1926 and 1974 respectively." 
It looks like we are going to have to put a gate behind the door into the middle room. If it was at the bottom of the step it would stop Zeus getting to the door. Zeus is throwing himself at the door in the middle room when Orin is around it in the living room. Orin of course reacts accordingly. As I've said I think it would be a bloodbath if those two ever get together, so as inconvenient as it would be for us we have to try and make things safer. More of a concern is that, though they are currently "Waiting" they do eye each other up as we go through the door. I never want a repeat performance of the Dexi - Simba fight - same sex siblings really do hate each other! 
This morning's weather is horrendous, all we can do is hide in the house and wait till it passes. Siska is being a pain, trying to get Orin or Kaiah to play with her. I do feel sorry for her, but it's simply not safe to go out beyond the gates. This really has been a prolonged period of windy days and I think this afternoons windy risk of up to 77mph is as bad as it's been really. Stay safe everyone!