Thursday 10 November 2022

Orin And Louis

I was chatting to mum on the phone and I looked over at him, he's watching me - I just had to take the photo - beautiful beautiful Orin - almost walking in Louis' shoes ❤ ❤ ❤
I love all my dogs, but some worm their way further into your heart. Louis was everything you could wish for, a happy, cuddly larger than life personality who loved the world, and his dog! I never imagined anyone would get that close again, but Sammi almost has and now her stunning son is breaking down more barriers. Orin is no Louis, he's aloof with strangers, Louis loved everyone, I remember a vet examining him and saying "he's such a happy soul isn't he." (or that's as close as I can translate it.) Orin is very macho in his approach to life, Louis was just a bit silly, but when it comes to cuddles with us, I guess there is a great similarity there. 
In looks they are well coated, rich coloured males, Orin has a darker mask than Louis had and I guess Louis had a softer expression. Orin is much bigger, stronger and heavier, but really size apart they are of a similar stamp. Louis often came on my lap, Orin does too. 
It's10 years next month since I lost Louis, and I've said before the memories now bring a smile instead of a tear. Louis gave us so much happiness, the perfect pet, a wonderful show dog and friend, but maybe now it is time to let someone else steal my heart, and for sure I know who that'll be!