Monday 14 November 2022

Thoughts

 You may or may not have noticed that I've removed the option to comment on the posts.  According to stats there were 345 views yesterday but only one comment. I loved getting feedback, positive or negative, but with only Lin using it I found it a pointless exercise, no offence Lin I hope? (You'll have to PM me and tell me if you're pissed with me about it! 😝)
I struggled to sleep last night, I wondered if we could have done anything differently to make life easier for Pepsi. One thing I would do if such a situation ever arose again was to take a break much much earlier. I did take Orin away twice during the time we were trying to settle Pepsi, once to his crate and once I shut him in the hall, but now I think a total break for both may have calmed things down sooner. Have I seen a bitch as bad before? Yes, she was called Nikki (Photo) - she was mine and one of the best mothers ever.
Junior is still plodding about, eating bits and pieces of cat food and enjoying his extras. Last night he was lying flat in front of the fire and I could see the conker size lump sticking up from his side. I hadn't seen or felt this for over a week and was trying to convince myself that it was gone, I touched it, but didn't press, his only reaction was to open his eyes. The main part of the lump doesn't seem to have changed since the initial quick growth, and the only thing we've noticed about Junior is that he can't jump onto the log burner now, he has to climb the guard or go up from the side onto the stool. Not a lot else seems different. 
Right off out into the wind - here's hoping the rain stays away!