Thursday 24 November 2022

Today's Natter

My intelligence has surpassed itself today. I managed to permanently delete the second group photo and the photo of Zeus outside. I have looked in the bin, nope not there. I'm blaming the phone, it updated yesterday and seemed to have flicked from one google account to the other, which initially confused me .. but it's a poor work man who blames his tools eh!
The wind and rain has been horrendous again at times today, but at least we all got safely out into the field, even if Zeus did come home before me. Wimp! 
I think I cried for most of the day yesterday, but this morning, rightly or wrongly, I felt some relief. For the last few nights I hadn't been able to sleep worrying about Junior, would he still be there in the morning? What if he went out and suddenly became too poorly to come home? Would I ever find him again? So yeah, knowing that he was no longer at risk of what was likely to be a disastrous outcome probably helped me this morning. 
Yesterday was a day of mixed emotions, Steve had a call from his radiotherapy team who told him his PSA level was now lower than 0.1 - that score suggests the treatment has been successful. He needs one more hormone injection, then gradually as his testosterone returns we will know for sure if he is cancer free. Another 6 months now to wait before the next scan but as I said indications are promising. You have to laugh, everyone is thrilled for Steve and he has really appreciated all the texts and PM's but his son reply was priceless .. "Oh Mam has a cold now!"  My mother also found the news very emotional and was unable to talk through tears, but I guess she will always wonder why she wasn't as lucky? Early diagnosis could well have saved my father, but covid sadly stopped all routine checks at the time. 
I saw Sammi lick at her bottom earlier and with the paranoia of AF I instantly looked. Hmm she has a tiny spot/sore on her bottom, but though it irritated her at the time it doesn't seem sore and I've not seen her struggle to go the loo either. I'll keep an eye on it over the weekend, wash it with hibiscrub and put fusiderm on it. If it doesn't improve we'll go to the vets on Monday. I don't fear AF now as much as I used to, I know it can be treated successfully... but obviously I do really hope it's not the case.