Thursday 30 September 2021

What's Going On Jezi

Today we have concern again. Two mornings ago I could smell wee in the middle room. I checked the youngsters bedding and everything was as it should be. I came to the incorrect conclusion that it was the vet bed by the door, I thought maybe "someone" had walked through wee and had carried it in on his woolly feet. 
Yesterday morning the smell was stronger, and with a clean vet bed by the door I went to check all the crates. OMG, it was Jezi, and that was no dribble, the back of the bedding was soaked. The good thing about vet beds is that the moisture goes through to the back of the fabric, the top stays relatively dry. (That is why it is used with puppies)
Now Jezi is spayed, and has been for a very long time. Spayed bitches can develop incontinence in later life, I've no experience with these, but personally I would expect that to be a leek rather than a flood. I've said before that Jezi likes to spend time in her crate, but the crate is open and more often than not so is the door into the garden, there is really no reason that I can think of why the original accident happened, but today it's happened again and now I'm obviously concerned. As a GSD, Jezi would be classed as an old girl, different breeds life expectancies vary, but a 10 year old GSD is old. Like their mother and grandmother before them these girls have shown no signs of ageing, no worrying stiffness or loss of mobility, no slowing down or going off their food ... but this is concerning.