Wednesday 15 September 2021

We Don't Need Another Cat

No Steve but he needs us! 
Actually, with hindsight, I think I did need him. Though I had Orin, I still really needed something to focus on after Isla's disappearance in May. My heart was ripped to pieces, the not knowing was killing me. A photo of a snotty, manky feral litter that arrived in rescue and my heart missed a beat. I fell in love with this unusually looking little chap.
Two weeks later, on the 15/9/20 and Archie moved in. He is such a character, he brightens up my day. He's affectionate, funny and naughty, even Isla likes him! Archie is not a big cat, he's built pretty much like an Oriental, and also has a lot of their behavioural traits. But of course we know his mum was a big sturdy tabby and white, and his dad? Well, who knows, but there was an array of colours in the litter. I guess Archie is a throwback to something more regal in his parents bloodlines a long time ago. Though I did research Smoke coloured cats when I had Isla I've no idea really what produces what in cat genetics ... maybe it's pot luck? Anyway, who cares,  I just feel blessed to have little Squeak in my life, my little buddy, my Archie!