Thursday 2 September 2021

Girls

Mini me was not for having her photo taken yesterday. OMG I remember having to tie her mother to posts, rocks, trees and water pipes. Kaiah was not for waiting, life was far too interesting to wait for a photo, but the way to her heart was through her belly and now I pay Kaiah for every photo ... even if she's not in it!
There is no sign of Siska coming in season yet. They usually come in before 12 months, but Asha was a little later I'm sure. I miss Asha so much, especially at feeding times, they are somewhat calmer affairs these days. Even though, with the exception of Ross these are greedy buggers, no one compares to Asha. She clock watched, but I never gave in to her and fed her before 8am or 4.30pm - and she rammed through doors and slammed her crate door open, starting to eat with her bottom sticking out. "Bottom in Asha."  She could twist and eat. LOL  What a character. 
Siska is eating well now, maybe the combination of teething and that ulcer didn't help for a while. I'm proud I stuck to my guns, eat it or lose it, it's easy to weaken and add things when there really is no need. Fussy dogs are man made, no healthy dog will stave its self. 
So as I said no sign of a Siska season, but thankfully Kaiah's hormones have settled. She has been really hard work after this season, she has been hormonal for the whole nine weeks that she would have been pregnant. She was very demanding of my attention and jealous beyond belief if Sammi, or worse still Ziva came to me for attention. I watched her body signals continually, they are easily missed by people whose noses don't come up out of the kindle .. body signals between hormonal bitches should  never be missed. Anyway, she's settled, she's back in charge of her boys and happy to be playing with her daughter again. I will have to decide what to do after I've health tested Siska, mate Kaiah once more then spay her, or spay Kaiah sooner rather than later. Female hormones have a lot to answer for don't they!