Tuesday 7 September 2021

Sieger And Photos

Like many GSD folk my jaw is still on the ground after the results of the German Sieger Show. The biggest breed show and the most acclaimed. Our claim to fame was the Nico once showed there in his father's progeny parade ... he was already mine by then, but I still had not had the pleasure of meeting him.
For me Asap vom Aldamar is one of the most perfect dog of our times, he simply has it all. He oozes quality, as does his progeny, then why, why did he only make VA2? The GSD world is speechless that this amazing dog was beaten to VA2, the shock of the year! 
I'm shocked at some of the photos put forward of some of the winners, especially the LSH VA males. A bad photo is never forgotten and can do so much damage to a good dog. I've said before that I have observed that for some reason a lot of the LSH dogs and bitches have weaker pasterns than S/C's. But still would you allow such photos to be published? I really would not, and even on our level of showing I have asked for poor photos to be removed. I can think of 3 occasions at least when I didn't even recognise them as my own dogs. Believe me the camera can lie. Hell I'm careful with pet photo and delete anything that could be used against me or the dogs, sadly it's the world I live in. Green-eyed monsters love to stir up the shit, we have to be one step ahead at all times. Look at the pasterns, look at the ears, the overline, the hindquarters, the eyes. To us it may just be a poor photo, to them it's ammunition. When did I get so paranoid? When I saw the true colours of some of those around me!