Friday 1 October 2021

Morning Updates

Last night was ring craft night. As it's now dark before it's time to leave it becomes harder to make a move down there. People are saying that the class is too late and they wish it was 7.15pm like it was in Fron last Winter. Everyone is paid up but so many are a no show, like I said I understand totally but I wish they's try and support it. Funny photo of Siska there last night ... "get him off me." haha. I'm still disappointed in how she's looking, she really has changed, and not for the better. Like I say, one more show to go and I'll decide on the day if she's going in the ring  ... currently I don't think she's ready or right for a puppy class. (she'll be just a week out of minor puppy)
Jezi was dry this morning. I'll keep an eye on her now, any more "accidents" and we'll be straight to the vets. We are there with Loki on Tuesday anyway, so if needs be she can come then.
I had a long chat with a friend about Zeus last night. She thinks he's absolutely great and wasn't aware of the ins and outs of why he came back. Like I told her, after the information I'd received, the day I picked him up I really didn't know what I would be facing coming out of that car in Chester services. Excuse the profanity, but I expected an absolute twat, and I've got an idiot .. a clown! (I mean that complementary) I've still not experienced any unexpected difficulties with him, only the behaviour of a young male finding his feet. He is respectful of both of us, he's been to training, to a show, met visitors, met dogs .. there is only his non-existent recall that lets him down. Mind you yesterday I called him down from the top field, he didn't come so I hid behind the van .. he and his ball soon appeared! My friend asked if I had updated the previous owner recently? No, I think leaving things as they are is best. If she wants to get in touch it's her call, and anyway she could check him out on here. We always try and do the best we can by our dogs, but I do feel we may have been selfish keeping Zeus. Someone else could have given him their all and he could have been the amazing dog we are blessed to live with. 
Right best get out. It's cold and blustery, but sunny.