Sunday 5 September 2021

Boys And Bolton

 I missed Loki's first birthday, it was the day of my first brain surgery. I was only away 16 days but when I came home he seemed to have changed, matured so much. He was a very nervous puppy, but spending time within the pack and going everywhere really did help. I took him out a lot with Tali and Mikey, but not Asha as she mothered him too much. He and Sammi were plain stupid together, but she also gave him strength and confidence, as did Noya my friends Mali. Sadly loosing Mikey when he was still a young dog did not help. All of a sudden he was a young male was a harem of females, and he was not ready for that responsibility. The arrival of a bolshy, headstrong Ross did not help either, and Loki became more edgy and unsure of himself within the pack. Kaiah has no time for him, and makes it known, I wonder what she knows?  I guess she has always considered him to be a weak link. Till her last breath Asha mothered and adored him, why? We'll never know. 
Loki's life is very different now, he sleeps with the pack and eats with the pack, but for his own safety he is mostly alone. If there were less dogs then it would be a lot easier to manage, but it is what it is and we have to make the most of it. I take him out with Sammi and Ziva occasionally, but one knock from an enthusiastic youngster would have him straight over. I can't risk that. 
Today I should have been at Bolton GSD show, but you may recall that I didn't enter after the bitchiness of the last breed event. I guess I did cut my nose to spite my face really, but at the time it was all so hurtful. Anyway the old wheel does turn, Karma has struck a cruel blow to those who criticised .. now what did she say about the young dogs of today .. Oh yeah, no substance, no quality, no training!
Though I feel sorry for the dog involved and knowing what Nico went through with "Training" abroad I only hope he's dealt with sympathetically now ... I kind of don't feel sorry for the owner, well they had no thought for our feelings did they! I cried you know, yeah I probably said. Though their remarks were general, Orin's class was referred too .. still I know what I have, I see the quality in them, but I also see imperfections as well, as it should be.
I'm still on cloud nine over Orin's hips and elbows, now it's DM and haemophilia A tests to do, then when I've paid off my bill I may consider doing Zeus. If Orin tests are clear then I will think about offering him out at stud ... of course I'll be as fussy as I was with Nico. Registered, health tested, standard coloured, good pedigree and character ... and no bloody cross breeding. I'm shocked to see a show winning GSD, from someone I thought better of, was recently mated to a Mali. What the hell is wrong with people eh? Money and greed!