Saturday 25 September 2021

Our National

Orin Air Scenting For Me
Though the three "Blaniks" exhibited at The National gained the same places as they did at Darlington, the judging was a world apart. Hats off to our judge on his first appointment at this level in the breed, in most cases he sure got it right! 
Callan and Orin looked wonderful. Darryl taking Callan into the ring for the first time himself, a super job by both to win MPD. Proud breeder. With Sarah absent, Ian took Orin in for me. Wow, what can I say? I actually got emotional watching Orin change gear and power around the ring. He is becoming a stunning young male and his movement is powerful and far-reaching. Ian did a super job of steering him to win the class. He is too young for greater honours, but with luck and good fortune, maybe, maybe one day his time will come. 
Siska 
Siska did nothing wrong, she stood well, moved well and enjoyed her day dozing on my chair, as she does! But as I look at the photos and video, I really feel she has gone off. When she's gating she is higher in her back than her wither, of course that is not helped by the fact I was handling her and that she did not pull out. I enjoyed handling her, though I've removed some photos this morning as I was in tears with the remarks, not about Siska, about me. Because they were, shall we say, very unflattering of me I had considered not putting them on, but I thought Siska looked better in them than some others. Hell I know I'm fat, ugly and unfit, I don't need it spelling out to me. Mostly I don't care, but tired and emotional, well it got to me. People mean no harm, but they are thoughtless!!!! Anyway, Siska will be just out of minor puppy by her next show, and I don't think she's ready to compete against 11 month old puppies. There is such a huge difference in that age gab anyway and to add to that Siska has always been a little behind. I have entered her, but we'll see nearer the time, she is very raw and immature but hopefully given time will come together again.