Wednesday 8 September 2021

Waiting For Advice

I'm hanging around the house waiting for the vet to call .. Steve's fallen asleep, bless him he was up more than me after 1am ish. An internet site recommends Gavisgon in liquid form, but not the tablets as they contain an artificial sweetener that is highly toxic for dogs. They suggest you consult your vet re the dose. I'll ask him. Pepto is also discussed on a Facebook page about Bloat and Torsion. I need to know if it happens again if there is something I can do to help him quicker. It's never escalated to that severity before, that was scary. Should I let him eat the grass? That is his natural way of making himself sick, but it was wind not food that was making him feel so ill. Should I let him drink? A small amount? Would a lot make things worse and add a great risk of torsion? I need to know! I've looked back and it was January 2020 that Loki last had a bad turn, though there may have been a milder one since, he doesn't need this now.
Anyway never post a bad photo yeah?  Well it's not a bad photo of Siska in training last night, but it's not the best. It doesn't do her justice and we'll try and get better for her 8 Month photos ... but my t.shirt has amused me so much that I had to share the photo.