Saturday 12 June 2021

Zeus And The Garden

Not clear as taken from the doorway and it was a little misty. Anyway still a nice photo to share, Isla as ever looking away!  
I don't know what it is about the front garden, but Zeus loves it out there so much. I think it's his favourite place. He's so happy out there, am I humanising in thinking that something out there is familiar to him? Maybe something about the place does bring back happy times with his siblings? We don't know what they remember do we? He definitely had a connection with me from the moment I picked him up from Claire. (Who had kindly bought him halfway for me) Something was familiar, apparently the dog was seen to relax instantly as I spoke to him. Can't say I saw it as I was walking with him by my side, but others did and instantly remarked on it. I do remember I just said "Hi Mate, Hi pup pup pup, how are you doing?" So if he can remember my voice well enough to have the weight of his world lifter off his shoulders instantly, then why would he not feel an affinity with this garden and maybe, just maybe recall happy/safe days there with his mum and siblings. 
I'm not sure how many weeks Zeus has been here now, but it's about 2 months. We've still not seen any issues with him at all. He's now happy in his routine and environment, he's generally obedient and biddable but has his moments like any teenager would. He's as bright as a button and works things out so quickly, if he decides he's not doing something a quick reminder is all it takes and he's back on track.
Like many of our friends Steve and I are just so smitten with him, such a lovely boy.
I can tell which one he is ... can you?