Tuesday 8 June 2021

Moving Ahead

We had a nice time at Ring Craft last night. It's such a shame that we are limited with numbers, but it can't be helped. We are running on a pre-book, block booking system, and as with future shows, no spectators are allowed. Cheshire show will certainly not be the same but at least it's going ahead. 
I'm sure the people around me know I'm struggling right now. It feels like, what next?  Since the beginning of April life has been harder than normal. My dad is starting his Chemo now and I guess my parents will need more support. Loki, we what can I say? Take every day as it comes ...So considering all I guess my sense of humour is running on empty! Years ago one person started making remarks that my dogs were noisy, one bitchy person who should look closer to home. Some found it funny and jumped on the bandwagon, but you know what, the joke is so stale now it's got fecking mould on it. I guess Mikey was noisy if he was taken away from me, I guess the dogs do scream and shout in excitement when they get to a show, but they are not statues or ornaments, they are living breathing and happy to be sharing the day with us. They are not noisy in or around the ring and other than Ross being a clown most are paw perfect. Really if you want silence don't get a GSD. Oh hell the person who made the remark last night is a friend, she didn't mean to hurt my feelings ... but come on, it's as funny as someone saying "Do you want a saddle for that?" to someone with a Great Dane. I really must try not to be so sensitive ... but we are who we are!
Steve decided to go out before me with Loki, I was so annoyed. All he had to do was give me 5 mins. Of course when I went to catch up Loki saw me and came charging towards me. It really wasn't a good idea and he struggled then to get his balance back. OK it's good that he can still get into a 2nd gear, but it's not what he needs now he needs slow and steady! Hopefully a lesson learned. The poor lad is so wobbly, I feel sorry for him but I can't show it and we continue to try to be normal and happy in all situations. At least now he is able to stand still and strong and his front is dramatically improved, though I'm concerned about his neck carriage when he's walking.
Today Loki has diarrhoea, I rang the vet for advice but he said to give him the medication with a light diet and we'll discuss it further at his appointment tomorrow. I'm going to ask them tomorrow for copies of the Xrays to be sent to me. I asked on Friday and the vet I saw was none too pleased. Anyway, according to a friend under the freedom of information act they can not refuse to give them to me.