Saturday 19 June 2021

Memories Of Mikey

For those who are new to the blog, Mikey was Asha's brother. Unlike Asha he had what has become the very classic "Blanik" look, rich tan with a decent mask. He was a very correct size dog and judges favoured him greatly. But Mikey was my dog and resented anyone who took him away from me. Oh, don't get me wrong there was no malice in Mikey, he simply shamed his abductors by screamed the house down. The noise could be piercing and his persistence could not be faulted. It only made life difficult at shows when I needed help with handling, or I needed someone to hold him whilst I handled another of the gang. Simply, he wasn't having it! Recently Orin behaviour at ring craft has reminded me greatly of Mikey. Ian and I have hatched a plan for Cheshire, hopefully he can get Orin from the van and show him without him knowing where I am, hopefully it'll work. 
The only other time when Mikey was loud was when there was a bitch in season, again piercing and persistent, usually from about 5am. Squeaking and howling, it was hard work but at least I knew when the bitch was going "over" as Mikey became silent and ate his meals again. Nico and Loki are not loud, though Nico is edgy and paces, Loki squeaks and goes off his food, Nico NEVER goes off his food and it would be a great concern if he did. Ross is odd he seems pretty disinterested, but he's not eating and he's quickly there if there an error on closing doors, I'm sure he'd take advantage if he could. Then there is Orin, he's been doing a Mikey since 6am .. I wanted to kill him, but as I dozed in and out of sleep all I could think about was My Mikey Mikey. I miss him so much, such a lovely kind, obedient dog, stolen from us far far too young.
So Orin is making me think of Mikey, through all the chaos it can't be a bad thing really can it!