Sunday 13 June 2021

Plan C For Breakfast


 Plan C worked, to a degree. I gave Loki his breakfast, he ignored it. I take it it's down to Kaiah's season that he's off his breakfast, it is normal for him. She's on day 17 today but previous tests show she ovulates at around say 20 - just as most bitches are finishing their season! Anyway she is still with Ross and Orin, but again my notes show she is usually separated from them on day 18/19. I don't take much notice of their interest in her, it becomes a danger when the interest is reciprocated. That's when the boys have to go in the kennels or she has to go in a crate in the utility room. 
Anyway Loki, I gave him his breakfast without adding anything to it. He left it, I added a tiny bit of left over cat food and he ate it, I then squirted the medication down his throat .. Bingo! He must eat with this medication, it reduces the risk of kidney damage. Because of this risk people have already been warning me off, but let's face it there are side effects to every medication,  he needs it now and he may need it long term. Balancing everything out it is a risk we have to take. As I always say quality of life is paramount. 
Because Loki is still dragging his back feet we've been keeping him out of the yard, but because he has improved I want to give him a little normality, as best as I can anyway. He's been getting 5 mins here and there to sniff in the yard, as he does, interesting to see the very odd hind action going on here.